a code newbie´s best friends
If you are just starting out learning to code, let me share with you some resources that have been very helpful to me in my learning path so far. Learning to program from zero is hard work, you really gotta dig in and pay with sweat, tears and a coffee consumption going through the roof.
I think it is important to acknowledge that it is not an easy skill you pick up in just some weeks or even months, so give yourself a pat on the back, refill that coffee cup, and keep going!
- Of course, check out the documentation and tutorials on these terrific places. This list wouldn´t have been complete without:
- MDN Docs
- Sometimes it´s worth the time to take a step back and try to grasp the bigger picture. This video series on youtube gives a crash course in how computers work, down to the smallest component i.e. logic gates, curcuits and transistors, and at the same time you get a history lesson. It´s quick, fun and entertaining.
- When it comes to designing your website, selecting a nice color palette at colorhunt.io makes everything so much easier and prettier. This site provides an open collection of carefully curated color palettes with hexcodes, ready to be copy-pasted into your IDE.
- If you need some help with using flexbox in the design, don´t miss this awesome flexbox cheat sheet. And, it is not just for beginners…
- Besides fancy CSS and beautiful designs, practicing good old basic programming skills will always pay off. Go to Codewars to challenge yourself and level up.
- Aim for the stars: for some real inspiration, don´t miss out the crazy amazing web sites nominated for a design award at awwwards.com.⭐